- Transmission bearings: cylindrical roller bearings, tapered roller bearings and four contact ball bearings.
- Traction motor bearings: cylindrical roller bearings and current insulated deep groove ball bearings to prevent damage due to voltage passage.
- Axle suspension roller bearings: special tapered roller bearings with reinforced sheet metal cages.
- Axlebox generator: a self-sufficient power supply system that is flanged onto the axlebox and can be used as an alternative to power supply via the locomotive. It enables a self-sufficient and highly reliable power supply for a wide range of functions, such as GPS, condition monitoring, lighting, brake assistant and activation of hinged doors on hopper cars. The project has attracted a lot of interest internationally.
- ELGOGLIDE Maintenance-free spherical plain bearings with Corrotect layer and triple lip sealing perfectly match the specific harsh environmental conditions of the railway sector. They feature longer service life, longer replacement periods and lower TCO in highly corrosive environments.
- INA maintenance-free rod ends, together with INA Metal-Polymer composite plain bearings for the track gauge changing system.
- Axlebox bearing units FAG Tarol. FAG TAROL X-life bearings in Cromadur increase more than twice the service life L10. In combination with our reconditioning service, it is possible to reduce maintenance costs, optimizing LCC and reducing carbon footprint.
- Moreover, Schaeffler has developed optimized bearings for railway applications with sensors which measure speed, acceleration and temperature. These data are used to continuously improve safety and comfort and allow cost-effective maintenance, based on Condition Monitoring Technology. Focused in a Railway 4.0 concept, Schaeffler has developed a condition monitoring system for railway sector (CMSR) with intelligent software and a cloud connection for the digitalized monitoring and optimized maintenance of entire motorized and trailer bogies in passenger trains. This allows higher average speeds, greater mileage, and longer maintenance intervals to be achieved while also increasing operational reliability at the same time. The operator/maintenance technician can monitor the condition of individual axlebox bearings through to complete wheelsets and bogies from anywhere in the world via an internet connection. Together with sensorised solutions, through Condition Monitoring Technology and devices, like and SmartCheck, Schaeffler can measure key engine parameters so an assessment of the equipment status can be obtained and required repairs can be carried out during scheduled machine maintenance downtimes.
- Reconditioning of axlebox bearings, irrespective of manufacturer. This includes all axlebox bearings of cylindrical, spherical, and tapered roller bearing design for different rail vehicles such as high-speed trains, street cars, and subways.
Top products: COMPONENTS: 1. TAROL bearing in Cromadur; service life increased by more than twice 2. ELGOGLIDE spherical plain bearings for agressive environments: Corrotect + TS sealing