Activities in 2018/2019:
High-speed and conventional railway:
- Technical support to the SCT (Secretariat of Communications and Transport) throughout the tender and contracting process for the passenger train for the Toluca–Mexico City line’s commercial operation, as well as providing technical monitoring services during the first few months of the line's operational phase.
- Detailed design, technical support and project management during the construction phase of the passenger train for the Toluca–Mexico City line (Mexico).
- Development of the detailed designs for the railway connection between Dar es Salaam and Morogoro, for the Tanzania Central Corridor (TZCC), awarded by the Yapi-Merkezi/Mota-Engil consortium. This consists of a 205 km-long track with six stations, and the works include the preliminary and detailed design of the railway, the infrastructure - including 93 viaducts -, as well as the stations, maintenance workshops and depots. SENER will carry out this project in conjunction with the Danish consultancy firm COWI.
- HS2 EDP (Engineering Delivery Partner) contract for the line between London and Birmingham for High Speed Two (HS2) Limited, a government company responsible for the development and running of the new high-speed railway network in the United Kingdom.
- In the high-speed railway line in California (USA), design of the Palmdale-Burbank section (60 km), as well as a contract to carry out the verification and validation of the CP2&3 section for Dragados and a detailed design contract for the CP4 section for Ferrovial.
- Services for the ongoing supervision of Adif Alta Velocidad projects.
- Concept design of the high-speed Valencia-Castellón line.
- Concept design to integrate high-speed rail in the city of Granada.
- Elaboration of electrification and signaling construction plans for Adif Alta Velocidad.
- Metro de Guadalajara Line 3, Project Management for the Construction of Line 3 between Zapopán, Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque
- Executive Project for the Fortaleza Subway (Brazil).
- Independent Checking Engineer (ICE) for the future Metropolitan Electricity Network (REM) of Montreal's light metro (Canada).
- Detailed design for the extension of the tram from Edinburgh, section York Place to Newhaven (Scotland).
- Value engineering study of the first line of the Bogotá metro, in Colombia.
- Refurbishment works for the re-opening of the Angels Flight funicular in Los Angeles (California, USA).
- Tender design for the Melbourne metro (Australia).
- Detailed design of the metro network in Doha, including the elevated sections of the Red South line, workshops and depots for the Doha metro network, and the architectural finishes of stations on the Red and Green lines (Qatar).
- Independent Checking Engineering (ICE) services for package 3 of the Riyadh metro, in Saudi Arabia.
- Independent Checking Engineering (ICE) services for the Lusail LRT, in Saudi Arabia.
Design for the extension of the red line of the Dubai metro (United Arab Emirates).
- Study of the Abu Dhabi LRT (United Arab Emirates): analysis of the network proposed in the Abu Dhabi DOT´s master plan, measuring 300 km in length, and confirmation of the initial sector proposed to begin the development of the network.
- Feasibility study for a tramline (catenary-free technology) in the center of Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
- Detailed design of the new circular line for the Porto metro, in the section between Boavista/Casa da Música and Praça da Liberdade (Portugal).
- Concept design and construction plan for the connection of the current Trambaix and Trambesòs tram networks in the city of Barcelona (Spain).
- Design of line 4 of the Bilbao metro (Spain).
- Comprehensive engineering service (planning, functional design, elaboration of plans, management of construction works in section 5, integration and safety engineering, etc.) in the planning and construction of line 9 of the Barcelona metro, an automated, driverless line, for GISA.